St. Therese Vocational Training Centre would like to fill the potion of head of Academics as detailed below:
The Head of Academics provides leadership and oversight to all aspects of Academics within St. Therese. The Head of Academics plays a critical role in the institution and academic operations by effectively managing and maintaining the integrity of all students’ academic records, the approved curriculum, the creation and maintenance of course schedules and compliance with the applicable regulations. The Head of Academics must provide strong leadership consistent with the academic goals and missions of the institution.
Duties and Responsibilities of Head of Academics
- Assists the Principal with management of the core academic functions of the Institution including dealing with the various academic regulators in the country.
- Directs the operations of the Academics Department, supervises and coordinates the Department, serves as an internal consultant and implements the academic policies.
- Recommends and participates in the development and implementation of institution’s policies and procedures regarding student registration, records, class schedules, instructional space scheduling, identification cards, and graduation requirements.
- Maintains and upgrades the Institution’s academic information infrastructures including academic records archives, and information systems.
- Establishes and implements short and long-term department goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures; monitors and evaluates program effectiveness; effects changes required for improvement.
- To empower the Institution in its pursuit of academic collaboration with others institutes of higher education.
- Designs, establishes, and maintains an organizational structure and staffing to effectively accomplish the institution’s goals and objectives; oversees recruitment, training, supervision, and evaluation of Department staff.
- Oversees the overall operations of programs & departments reporting to this position.
- Recommends and participates in the development of the Institution’s policies and procedures.
- Receives reports from all the Department within Academics and liaises with the Principal for decision making.
- Performs other duties that may be assigned by the Institution or the Principal from time to time.
Minimum Job Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree; at least 4 years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
- Fulltime basis.
- A master’s degree is an added advantage
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively under minimum supervision.
- Knowledge of planning and scheduling techniques and database management skills.
- Knowledge of the rules, regulations, and laws regarding student records.
- Skill in examining and re-engineering operations and procedures, formulating policy, and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures.
- Ability to develop, plan, and implement short- and long-range goals.
- Knowledge of organizational structure, workflow, and operating procedures.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of records and information.
- Knowledge of student registration, academic, and residency requirements.
- Outstanding interpersonal and community relations skills and the ability to communicate and work effectively within a diverse community.
To apply please send a comprehensive CV and cover letter to email@example.com or 0705977844