St. Therese Vocational Training Centre would like to fill the potion of Head of Support Services as detailed below:
The Head of Support Services provides leadership and oversight to all aspects of the department and to the departmental heads reporting to them. The Head of Support Services plays a critical role in the institution and is an enabler of the core mandate and function of the Institution which is to offer academic excellence to its students. The Head of Support Services must provide strong leadership consistent with the academic goals and missions of the institution.
Duties and Responsibilities of Head of Support Services
- Assists the Principal to provide an enabling environment to the Institution performance of its core objectives.
- Directs the operations of the Department including Procurement, Accounting, Security Coordination, ICT, Maintenance and House-Keeping, Business Development and Human Resource Management.
- Promote contact and cooperation with other institutions of higher education in the world.
- To promote and facilitate networking, effective collaboration, and sharing of experiences with other institutions of higher education in teaching, learning, and research.
- Recommends and participates in the development and implementation of institution’s policies and procedures for the better operation of the Institution.
- Establishes and implements short and long-term department goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures; monitors and evaluates program effectiveness; effects changes required for improvement.
- Designs, establishes, and maintains an organizational structure and staffing to effectively accomplish the institution’s goals and objectives; oversees recruitment, training, supervision, and evaluation of Department staff.
- Oversees the overall operations of programs & departments reporting to this position.
- Recommends and participates in the development of the Institution’s policies and procedures.
- Work with relevant departments on matters of affiliation and linkages agreements and Memorandum of Understanding (MoU)
- Performs other duties that may be assigned by the Institution or the Principal from time to time.
Minimum Job Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree; at least 4 years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
- Fulltime basis.
- Masters in Business Administration an added advantage
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively under minimum supervision.
- Knowledge of planning and scheduling techniques and database management skills.
- Skill in examining and re-engineering operations and procedures, formulating policy, and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures.
- Ability to develop, plan, and implement short- and long-range goals.
- Knowledge of organizational structure, workflow, and operating procedures.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of records and information.
- Knowledge of TVET organization and operational requirements.
- Outstanding interpersonal and community relations skills and the ability to communicate and work effectively within a diverse community.
To apply please send a comprehensive CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or 0705977844